Pages

Jul 25, 2011

Hayom means today

What happened today and what I learned from it:

1) Yesterday night we couldn't sleep and watched "cold mountain" (Renee I love you!), SO this morning we SLEPT and "snoozed" a few times - and were late! This was bad, because: Ohad was picking us up for our date with Misrad Hapnim and they're only open until 12.00
I freaked a bit, made coffee to-go and didn't eat. MISTAKE OF THE DAY!

I learned, that Real Time (the time most of us consider real; the one the clock shows) is NOT synchronized with Yemen Time:
- Ohad was supposed to pick us up at 8.30, came at 9.15 (which means I could've eaten peacefully)
- The half hour drive (I'm including traffic, gas station, parking and confusion) took ONEANDahalf!
- Maor should be at work at 15.00 today, left home 15.17  - and was there on time.


I've learned that freaking out, even a little bit, about TIME is ridiculous AND makes you look and appear worse, when you finally reach your target, than if you'd just chilled and arrived 20 minutes later. Brighter face, less sweat and more power to overcome the rest....:


2) In order to get a visa in Israel (if you live where we do) you need to make an appointment at the office in Netanya (not Kfar Saba!) and not only provide a document that states that you are not married, that you are not criminal and that you are born somewhere, but also a medical approval from an ISRAELI DOCTOR! That's gonna cost, smart thinking Israel. There's a lot more on that list, but we're cool. Now we are, but we did almost get kicked out of there. Why?
- We sat in a line for two hours, only to learn that we have an appointment in the end of september.
- I kinda knew you had to make an appointment MONTHS ahead, but Maor said it wasn't like that.
- Maor yelled at the lady at the desk, I yelled at Maor, the securityguy yelled at all of us.


heat+toolittlesleep+stressfullmorning+nobreakfast= ! ...there are many lessons to learn there! but:


I learned, that when I know I'm right I should stand on it. What a basic thing to learn! Pfh. ...but maybe also bring evidence, cause Maor ALWAYS knows he's right (I thought his name was CHAMOR when I met him...that means donkey! Guess I was right already then)

3) On our way to the office we picked up a package with a pair of sunglasses Maor won in the radio for answering "New Amsterdam wohoo", and after that we eat a tunesian sandwich.
I learned that radios LIE when they tell you RAYBAN or PRADA is your gift. They actually mean: Black Flys (what IS that???), and that I quite like tunesian sandwiches.



TODAY 
Today we'll do something unforgettable
that will leave a blessed memory of joy
today I'll put my hand on your head and stroke it
today I'll finally cause you to smile
today I'll chase away the sorrow from your eyes
I'll make today the happiest in your life
today you'll hear what you haven't heard yet
I'll renew you a renewal and light up your look
today I'll cook you something tasty
I'll do everything so you'd feel pleasantly
right, I don't always show love
but t oday I ask the proximity,
today.

The two of us haven't talked for so much time
about everything that passes above us
today we'll go out, around in the neighbourhood
we'll sit a bit together on a bench in the garden
today we'll do something unforgettable
that will leave a blessed memory of joy
today I'll put my hand on your head to stroke it
today I'll finally cause you to smile
today.

No comments:

Post a Comment