Pages

Jul 15, 2011

What a week! (or two?)

Dear blog.

It's not that I don't love you, but I have decided not to be completely addicted to you like oh so many bloggers are. It is a good decision, for me and especially for Maor who sometimes have a hard time loving you and the way you expose our life.
I think of you as a diary, and also a kind of newsletter to family, friends and people who need to realize that there ARE people who had to leave Denmark because of terrorism and Arab-immigration-gone-bad.


There. I said it. I blame this whole thing on terrorism and hostile immigrants from foreign (and we must admit mostly Arab) countries. Maor says that Denmark is the smartest country in Europe, he thinks we are ahead of time and that other EU countries will envy us for the closed borders and impossible visa-situation when THEY are being attacked from within.

I don't know if it's the HEAT or the fact that he is not alone in his opinion HERE in the country that IS the biggest target for terrorism in the world. It just seems like Israel, if any, would know what is is like to deal with this kind of unfriendly force.


I am writing this now NOT to make some kind of statement towards all Arab countries and cultures, I am NOT a racist of any kind. But if you read this blog, you have to know that I am NOT in any way pro-palestine - also not hostile - but definitely not PRO. I want piece like most people. They don't.



SO, wow, I didn't intend to make that kind of post. Guess I needed to get that OUT for some reason. Don't get me wrong - I am very happy to be here in beautiful Israel, especially after our trip to Hurshat Tal National Park in the north. The Golan Height were right behind us (which means so was Lebanon) and Mount Hermon was dripping into the Dan River leaving us with running water right next to our tents and a pool with 12degrees cold water from that same river. AMAZING!
We went there to celebrate Ohad's birthday (Maor's brother that is) and it was just the 4 of us, even though we wanted Randi and Helene to come with us (they had fun too, don't worry. They saw all kinds of lightshows uuuh!) and we met up with another Maor and his pregnant (beeaaautiful) wife. Childhood friends have so many inside jokes, it can be pretty hard to follow. Maor x2 and Ohad apparently developed some kind of private language....it was cute to watch them laugh and smile :)

The other thing that kept me away from the screen was my sweet girls Helene and Randi's visit. I wanted to post the morning Randi came about our plans but I was just SO embarrased...I let her wait in the airport for so long because I though she was gonna come the day AFTER. So so so embarrasing! Luckily, she is a forgetting soul. She took it well :)
It was really fun to get to show my home to my friends and I had fun getting ready for that (we got a COUCH, a table, a new oven, and a TV just the days before the girls came) ... you dig, all that stuff!
We were so exited to have a livingroom and to have CHANNELS! We haven't had this kind of stuff for a LONG time, especially Maor who stopped his life a few times to save money for the whole story of Karina *red cheeks*

Anyways, we're grateful. Thank you Avigail and Shalom for giving us so many things to create a home with! We love you!

Other exiting things that happened:
1) SWEET SWEET Arnajaraq had her 11th birthday and she was very exited about her FIFA wii-game and her new football. She is SUCH a charmer, no wonder the boys won't stop calling ;)
2) My parents bought a, what's it called, trailer, caravan, small home on wheels. Fun times awaits!
3) My darling uncle Douglas celebrated 25 years of loving marriage with his wife and they're throwing a big party this weekend. So sorry I can't be there! Cheers to another 25 happy years!!
4) Maor started a new job and it's exiting to greet him every day when he comes home. I really hope this place will be good and challenging (in the good way) for him. He had SUCH amazing offers, but chose this place to be off in the weekends. He wan't to keep shabat, which mean to keep the "resting-day" sacred like God told us to. I admire that A LOT. Are you making sure to REST really rest once a week? Do nothing for an entire day and feel RIGHT about it, not just good but right. Because this is the way it should be. I love that and it is yet another thing I love about him :)

......


I wnated to write more BUT Maor just woke up and I want to kiss him. Today is EXACTLY three years since we met and I'm super exited (think he is too!!)

To be continued!

No comments:

Post a Comment